The New "Norm"

Well, I feel like we are settling in more and more each day. Our home still feels new and not worn in yet, but that will come with each day of play and baking and messes being made. I don't feel like the place smells like us, yet. Do you know what I mean? Whenever I walk into a friend or family member's home, I feel that it always smells like them. Ours still smells a little "hotel-y," but it will soon change, I'm thinking.

I am quickly learning what decor and placement of certain things is needing to be moved around and be changed, as my oh so curious climber and whirling dervish of a 16 month old has taken it upon himself to completely and totally explore his entire surroundings leaving no drawer unopened and no shower un-climbed in. Whew! He's a busy one! His version of play is often dumping out an entire bucket of blocks and swhishing through them with his feet, all the while throwing his head back in laughter; and then he's on to the next thing to conquer!

The boys are doing fairly well sharing a bedroom together. Jesse is definitly not the sleeper that Kaden is; but for the most part, Kaden sleeps through all of Jesse's chatter and singing that takes place for 45 minutes before he falls asleep in the evening and the fussing that takes place for about a half hour before I go and get him each morning. He thinks his day should start at 5:00. Seriously. That's still like Midnight to me! This Mama can't start her day before 5:30. That's just wrong.

Not for this reason alone, (but this reason definitly plays hugely into our decision!), we are choosing to put our t.v. away for a season. Horrors! :0) However, we all kind of got used to this from being out at camp for over a month and missing all of the season premiers of my fave shows, anyway....so it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. I'm actually enjoying the quiet and the conversations and the extra sleep.

I'm actually hoping that once my funk wears off completely, I will be up for some crafting and projecting once the wee ones are abed at night. These days I'm good for about another half hour, and then I'm off to bed myself!

We have been enjoying the beautiful fall weather these past couple of days. Just yesterday, the boys and I took a stroll through the Bangor City Forest and brought home some glorious treasures: a ginormous night crawler that Jesse loved the snot out of and also let loose in the hotel lobby while guests were checking in, a cute little tree frog that we are going to let go this morning because he has no food, and three massive salamanders - one of which has a stub tail. That's a whole lotta coolness sitting on my kitchen table right now!

Today we have no big plans. We're all still feeling pretty sleepy. So, hopefully peace will reign supreme and lots of books will get read and the rain will hold off for another walk, maybe a trip to a local farm will take place with some friends, and the boys will sleep long and deeply for their afternoon naps!

Disclaimer: Usually I go back and proofread my posts, but Kev is waiting to take the laptop to work and a frog is loose in my kitchen......so, those are my excuses for any typos you may have encountered! Good times....good times.....

2 comments:

rachael a said...

salamanders ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha -- I love your blogs...and I am so happy you're back!! :) I'm glad you are settling in a bit more...it takes some time, for sure...and, I know what you mean about the smell...soon it will smell like the Bookers!! ha ha. Okay - so, i just want you to know I am thinking about you...much love, my dear friend...we'll chat soon.