Back in Business!

No,I didn't die.....Whew!

Out of control. Crazy. Chaotic. Overwhelming. Nuts. Just a few words to describe the past month of the Booker's lives. Not something that I want to repeat again anytime soon, but we are finally here and nicely settled into our new apartment as of two nights ago! And I am happy to admit, that thanks to the help of some FANTASTIC friends and members of our new church family, what could have been even more overwhelming and nuts-o, went relatively smoothly, and I love our new digs!

Allow me to give a brief rundown of the past month of our lives.....

For the past two weeks, our entire family has been the sickest that we have ever been in a long time. The boys both had fevers, coughs, and runny noses; and Kaden kept breaking out in random bouts of hives. Kev and I had the good old fashioned body aches, exhaustion, and coughing, and we just could not seem to shake this bunch of yuck!

We got a "new to us" second hand vehicle, so that I could finally be able to go out and about with the kids whenever we wanted, and no more than a month after purchasing said vehicle, I got into a $5,400-worth-of-damage-accident, and it is now in the shop awaiting repairs. Praises.

And then there has just been everything that comes with the territory of making a life and career change: new people and places to get to know, old connections to try and re-establish, helping the kids transition into many new and different environments, missing the relationships that we had made the past three years of our lives, and acclimating to a new norm - realizing that even though we are "home," home is different than it was three years ago. All kinds of crazy stuff. Nothing bad - just lots of NEW.

Anyway, after being sick and essentially needing to move twice because of living out at a camp until our new apartment was no longer occupied, I called my Mom in tears - completely overwhelmed with life - and she did what she always does: she came to my rescue! She stayed with us for a week and gave the boys tons of loves and added security to their new surroundings and new little lives, and I was able to go and conquer our place - painting, cleaning, organizing, and decorating until all hours of the night, and THEN - because Mom was here to help, she let me sleep in every morning! Ahhh, sheer bliss, I tell you!

So, we are finally settled, with just a couple more boxes to unpack, I finally have connections to the World Wide Web once again, we are no longer eating off of paper plates, the boys have their own space with their own toys and beds, we have turned a corner with our sicknesses, and other than a wallpapered kitchen, which isn't so much my fave, I am happily settling into my new home that feels like "me!"

So my friends.....those of you who live nearby (and those of you who don't!), come on over for some coffee and a catch-up! I have missed you! It's all good! :0)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I wish I could come over for that catch up, remember I dont like coffee! However, I am sure Kate and Shay would love to be there too--and they like coffee! I miss you! Glad to hear you are getting settled! Love, Keri

Angie said...

OH!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! I have missed reading about your life, and figured that it's been in alot of upheaval since your move...and looks like I was right. :s So, please call me, some morning, afternoon, or night when you feel like chatting and catching up. You truly have been in my thoughts and prayers, sweetie and so happy to hear that you are settled and on your way to making your new surroundings, home. love you!!!!xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Sarah said...

Oh I can so relate to the moving and crying! I'm glad you're back to the blog world and you survived all of that!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so happy you're back on the world wide web!!! :) I've missed reading about your life...and I am so happy you are feeling a bit more settled...I am sure it has been a HUGE adjustment this past month - change is never easy, and I'm sure its a much bigger deal with two kids to contend with as well...I will call you again soon...and would LOVE to have coffee with you...perhaps in November?! Oh my word, I can hardly believe I might actually get to SEE you in real life!!! :) I will try to work out a time when its good for you. I am so sorry about your 2nd vehicle...I hope there will be a miracle there. And...I'm so happy you are closer to your families now - how nice that your mom could come down and help you out - I am sure she is absolutely delighted to be able to do that, too...

I love ya - I miss you, and cannot wait to see you, and chat with you...you have a great day, dear friend...you take care - hope you're feeling better...

Much much love...

rachael a said...

ooooooh :) i was so happy to see a new post from you ames! let's get togethers soooooon dear. shanon watched sammo today for 6 straight hours ! my mom and i conquered the world i tell ya! it was weird and amazing and i only called her. . like 5 times!

Shay said...

So glad to see you blogging again! And you know I totally would love to be there for coffee! Someday! :) I'm glad you have survived your sickies and car accident and are all moved in. Any pics to share?