Stay at Home Working Mommy

So, this will just be a rambling blog.....as I guess all of mine usually are, but I am just feeling blessed and refreshed (catchy, eh?) these days. It is my MOST favorite time of year - still warm, but without the dreadful mugginess, soccer season has started and we love going to watch the college kids play, Kaden and I are outside playing, walking, and running ALL the time, we are finally finding our rhythm to our new semester's routine, and life is just plain good.

I have been praying some time now for an opporunity to bring in a little extra income for our family so that Kev can focus more on classes and not feel like he needs to pick up a third part-time job. But, I also am very protective of Kaden's and my days together, his nap schedule, and getting too busy etc., so I have been VERY choosy about what job(s) I would take. I have been cleaning a lady's house every other week for an afternoon. This works perfectly with Kev's schedule - he can study while Kaden naps, and then when Kaden wakes up they can have some good Father/Son time. But this was just one thing for one afternoon two times a month - a pithy contribution of gas money.

So anyway, as of this week, I just picked up two more bitty part-time babysitting jobs that totally mesh with our daily schedules, that do not make me feel too frazzled or stressed, and that relieve some of our financial stress. Three mornings a week, Kaden and I go to a single mom's house and basically just hang with her two kids until they leave for school. She leaves for the city really early and doesn't want them home alone, so I go and fix them breakfast and just hang with them until their bus comes. The kids are fabulous, Kaden loves them, and once they get on the bus we go for long walks all around their beautiful SAFE neighborhood. Lovely. And job #2 involves my new neighbor and friend right here in our complex. For two afternoons a week, I will be babysitting her little seven month old just for 2 1/2 hours each time. Perfect. It's not my entire afternoon, but it's just enough to help. I wanted something that would not just bring in money, but something where I would be able to bless others, as well - and this is what God has given me. Yay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God, what great answers to prayer! He's definitely been providing on our end too, as things have been tighter without me working too much. I think it's actually been really good for me, for a contented mindset and for reliance on God in the little things. Love you love you--Shannie