Revamping My Book

I have to write a book for my final project in order to graduate from this program. I have been thinking about doing something along the theme of marriage - but there are already so many books out there on the topic. However, I honestly don't think that there is ANYTHING new under the sun to write about on ANYTHING, so I think I'll still stick with this theme.

We have to write about a problem that we see in life that we are passionate about and develop a plan or program to help. I think I'm going to do something for young marriages - ten years and younger - possibly even for engaged couples or others who are contemplating marriage. The statistics show that Christian marriages are failing almost as rapidly as unsaved. Pretty sad and scary. So, I think I'm going to research the failure rate of young marriages and the reasons why and write something about that.

Maybe my title could be something somewhat cheesy and catchy like: "Surviving the First Five Years - Establishing the Foundation for a Lifetime of Friendship." I am now accepting applications for other brilliant ideas, as well.

3 comments:

Tracing in the Valley said...

Ame, welcome back! It sounds like you had a great time in Maine. It was so nice to hear about Aaron too. What a great guy. Good luck with potty training, my sister-in-law says that there is no "perfect way" to do it. It depends on what works for Kaden. You know him better than anyone so I"m sure you know what will for him. Love ya baby.

Angie said...

Of everyone I know, you are definately the one who, not only should write a book, but will do an amazing job with it! It was so great chatting with you today, Ame. It had been far too long. It was so great, in fact, that I was inspired to post on my own blog about it...and that says alot since I have just posted once in the last 8 months. See how inspiring you can be? ;) Well, best of luck with the potty training! You are a great mom and you know your boy better than anyone else, so follow your 'mommy-sense' and let the urine fall where it will!:) Only another mom will see the humor and un-disgusting nature of that last statement. Love you! Angie

Anonymous said...

Why on earth haven't I talked to you in so long?! We were doing so well back in...July?!...anyways...I was just thinking about you -- I'm challenged to be better at communicating...life just gets so busy, eh?! I love working during the day now, 'cause I get to see people here - and spend more time with Jason, but...its harder to keep in touch with my friends from away!! Anyways...just wanted you to know I miss you and love ya! Hope the potty-training is going well...I, unfortunately, have no advice for you...anyways...let's talk soon. I love ya!