Week-end Wonderings and Wanderings......

I woke up with a headcold today - right out of the blue, so this will be short (for me at least), and then I'm off to just "be" while my three boys are sleeping.

Haven't updated for awhile, but it's been a good couple of days. Although we have had a couple of setbacks around here. One of our little goldfishies bit the dust over the week-end. Kaden would have been devastated had it been his fish, but after making sure it was Jesse's, he just shrugged his shoulders and glanced over at his brother to make sure he was okay. I assured Jesse that we can get another sometime, and after a brief fishy funeral, all was well.

Three days ago, I would have said with confidence that Jesse was completely potty trained, but I think I put too much confidence in him too soon and (a). stopped reminding him to use the potty, and (b). went all over God's creation too soon without more regular consistency. So, after getting both peed and pooped on and feeling like I have a little puppy living here, we are back on track with keeping things consistent and simple for the child.

The horrid black and lime green nursery is now a soft lineny coffee color - with just a FEW traces of the previous colors. But five coats of paint later, I'm ready to call it a day in that room! Looking forward to getting it all set up now. Hopefully, Ransom will be in his own little room before the week's end.

We took the kids to Camden on Friday for our family day. Our most fave coffee shop is down there, along with this little hiking/skiing trail by Mt. Battie that we hike up until we "feel the burn" and then pop the kids onto a couple of sleds and wind 'er back down the hill! It's super fun. I drove the two older boys, and Kev plopped Ransom in his carseat right in front of him - as he is the MUCH better steerer than I - and away they went, as well. Ransom was napping on the walk up. However, he was VERY wide awake once they reached the bottom. All smiles, though! The last time we did that, I was very newly pregnant with him. This year, he got to play, too.

Okay. Well, that's all for now. My head feels about the size of China, and I hear Ransom stirring for his mid-afternoon snacky-doo....

Have I mentioned lately just how delicious this child is???

1 comment:

Sarah said...

sounding productive my dear...dying to see pictures of the "after" nursery!