The Week-end is Upon Us!

It has been a lovely week-end, besides the fact that Jesse woke up with a yucky cold on Friday. Hence, he and I and the wee one are staying home from church this morning and chillaxing. Can't seem to win - Jesse was bummed he had to stay home with Mommy; he wanted Daddy, and Kaden was bummed that he had to go to church with Daddy; he wanted Mommy. Ah well.......

Other than the snotting and coughing, though, it's been my kind of a week-end. A good balance of play and getting stuff accomplished. Because Sunday is our biggest work day, Friday is our family day - our true day off, and Saturday is more like an errand/get things done day - with our family still together. Sunday, we run around like chickens with our heads cut off and are typically home for only about 3 hours the entire day......

On Friday, we decided to kick it to Portland for the day. Both Kev and I are able to "play" much better when we're AWAY. Not sure why that really is, except the we don't see all of the projects and work staring us in the face. It's been awhile since we did a full blown day trip, so this was really fun. We ate at the Macaroni Grill, the boys played at Cabella's, I checked out the Christmas Tree Shoppe, and we even walked the mall for a bit. We haven't been to the mall for ages. So, that was a really fun day. We had no agenda, we just did whatever we felt like doing.

And then yesterday, we stayed around the house and puttered. I was able to catch up on mountains of laundry, I moved all of Ransom's 0-3 month stuff downstairs and brought up all of his 3-6 month stuff; (Hard to believe he's already out of that age bracket of clothing. Kind of sad), and I was just able to check off a bunch of little things on my lists that I've been wanting to tackle.

Kev and the boys made a fire in the firepit outside and we had hotdogs and hamburgers over the open fire, the kids played outside for a long time, we watched some home videos, and we made smores in the toaster oven when we came inside! It was just a really nice day. And now today, it's kind of a surprise relaxing day for me. I'm bummed that Jesse's not on the top of his game, but it's been cozy with just me and the two littles this morning.

Here's to another week!
Have a wonderful remainder of your weekend, friends!

No comments: