Some Crazy Updates.....

Well, first of all - I'm in the 34th week of my pregnancy. Still feeling really good with good blood pressure and all that. I expect all things to hit the fan by my 36th week if they're going to. That gives us two more good weeks before I may need to start being more careful. But maybe not, too. So far so good, and we're trusting that all will go well. Loving my midwives. Loving our choice to deliver in Ellsworth. Hating the touristy traffic and road work. Glad it will probably be much more minimal come the first of October!

Secondly, we are at 54% of our support with U.S. Center for World Missions! This is just so exciting and encouraging, and we are feeling totally blessed and thankful about this. We already have a good sized handful of both individuals and churches who want us to come and work with them as soon as we have full support, so we are just really excited about all of the ministry opportunities that are around the corner. And - I never thought I'd say this - we really are enjoying the whole support raising process. Meeting one on one or family by family and just building a really intimate team of friends and supporters. It's a pretty cool thing.

And finally - oh my word - we think we're buying a house!!!! I say "we think" because certain inspections and other specific things have to fall into place before it's a "for sure" thing, but if all goes like it looks like it might - we're going to be closing on a little house in Hampden on September 30th!!! Crazy. Crazy. That would be 11 days before my due date. Yep. And I have always gone early and have always been put on bed rest in those few days right beforehand. I think much stress may abound before all is said and done. But, in the end, it will totally be worth it. I may have gray hair and a nervous breakdown before then, but once it's all said and done, it'll be great! I'll share the full story in another post...it's a good one!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wowzers! Will be praying for all of this. Do tell where it is in Hampden (not over your blog obviously!)

Angie said...

I miss you!!!!! We must chat soon!!! That is all so exciting and I can't wait to hear the story behind your house!! Praying for you and your sweet babe! Love you! xxoxoxo

Shay said...

glad that things are going so well Amy! :)

Katie said...

Oh boy . . . I'll be praying for you guys with the house/due date/life in general/etc.

*hugs*

Love you all!

Rachael said...

54%....awesome!! And a possible new home...fabulous!! Good updates!! :o)