8 Weeks and Counting.....

Hard to believe I'm in my 32nd week of this pregnancy! We had a midwife appointment today which I always love. The whole family comes, and she lets the boys take turns measuring my belly and rubbing the gel on my tummy to hear the heartbeat. All looks good so far. Every single time they listen to this little boy's heartbeat, they tell me that we have a "busy one" in there!

I was pleasantly surprised to hear that I had only gained two pounds since my last visit. Being two weeks on the road and eating thither and yon, I figured we'd see a pretty big jump. Mind you - I was this big when I birthed Jesse, and I still have a ways to go, so I shall be quite the large and in charge Mama come my due date! I heard Kaden talking to Daddy yesterday saying - and I quote - "I love Mommy because she's so FAT!" Awesome.

My blood pressure has come up ten points, so it is starting to rise a little, but no one is concerned so far. I'm not losing any protein and my uric acid levels are stable, so this is all good news. It's usually around weeks 35-37 that my body starts to really break down, so I'm not holding my breath, but I feel very safe and confident with these midwives and this hospital.

I'm feeling very thankful and content, pretty relaxed about our living situation even though it always seems to be somewhat up in the air, and excited that we're at the countdown for this new little one to arrive.

2 comments:

rachael a said...

i love you because you're so fat too ames. :) and you love me because IM so fat!. . i im not even preggo. :) hee hee. you're beautiful.

Rachael said...

Jeesh...out of the mouth of babes, eh?! I'm reconsidering his betrothal to my daughter if he's going to treat her like that...(haha! Just kidding!) Love it...way too funny! I have no doubt that you are all belly and still absolutely gorgeous!!