15 Hours Later.....

We are home. Phew.

It was a loooooong drive yesterday. We decided to not leave at our usual 4:30 in the morning and just let the kids sleep until they woke up instead. We had kind of been running them ragged the past couple of days, and we ended up leaving a whole day early, so we just decided to take our time.

However.

Leaving at 8:00 in the morning on a Friday made for some pretty serious traffic the whole way home. Even in Maine, we hit some pretty near standstill stuff at about 9:00 at night! It was really bizarre.

Around 6:00 in the evening, we had just crossed over the Maine border and we were tired of driving, so we decided to take a little detour in Ogunquit and check out the beach there and just let the kids run free for a bit. I am telling you - my Maine friends - if you have not checked out that little area and walked "The Marginal Way" in that tiny beachy town, you must.

It is the quaintest little spot with a beautiful beach, some fun little shops, a gorgeous mile and a half walking trail, and a fun little trolley that you can ride all over the place. This stop made us not arrive home until around 11:00, but it was totally worth it.

Anyway, we are home, unpacked, and settled. It was a wonderful visit with friends and our church family, and we just had a really special time catching up with everyone. Now, I feel completely disconnected from my life here and need to get back into it.

And whenever I grab a chance to stop and really think about my life......a new little one is going to be joining us in nine weeks or less! Holy nuts-o! Can't even begin to wrap my mind around this right now. Crazyness.

1 comment:

Esther Littlefield said...

Wow, 9 weeks! Ahhh! That is crazy. So yeah, we totally need to go pick some more berries. I just froze a bunch today. We are leaving on Monday for Florida for a week, so hopefully they will still be in season when I get back! Perhaps we can take a little trip together when I return!