Unplanned Road Trips

So, in a matter of three days I have managed to get myself royally lost on these Pennsylvania highways. Man alive - I used to think that I was pretty decent at reading directions and maps, but you will never hear me say that again. I have been sufficiently humbled.

On my way to my baby shower, I drove thirty miles round trip in the wrong direction and made myself thirty minutes late. (This is a route that we have taken every Sunday for two years, mind you). And then tonight, I had to drop Kev off at our Pastor's place because he flies out for three days at 4:30 in the morning tomorrow, and I took a wrong exit yet again. Upon realizing my mistake, I figured - no problem; I'll just get off at the next exit and turn around. Well, the next exit wasn't for another twenty miles. So, yet again, I drove almost forty miles round trip out of the way of my destination. Poor little boys -what should have been a forty minute drive home for them ended up being an hour and a half road trip in the pouring rain.

Good times! A great way to start a three day week-end as a single Mom of two!
I tell you what - you can take the girl out of the country...........

No comments: