Funny Potty Story

I promise - I will try to make this the last of the "potty posts" for awhile. I just have to tell this one funny story that happened in church yesterday. I apologize if this offends anyone's sense of "propriety." This story is ALL Kaden and truly emphasizes the phrase, "Out of the mouths of babes...."

In the nursery at our church there is a small child's bathroom with a kid sized potty. Kaden was quite impressed with this and liked that he could get up and down totally by himself. Anyway, in the afternoon right before music practice he told me that he had to go poop, so we went in and did our thing. When he got off the potty, he looked inside at his "deposit" and said, "OH! I made a snake.....and it has teeth on it!" Oh my word - I died laughing. Well, one of the lady's on our worship team (who thankfully is very down-to-earth and NOT prim and proper at all) walked into the nursery and asked Kaden what he was doing. He proudly proclaimed, "I made a POOP SNAKE!" So, now WHENEVER he sits on the potty he says, "I'm going to try to make more snakes." Oh my. Too funny.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ame...you are hard-core on the potty stories!! That's a funny one!!...wish I could spend some time with you and Kaden! -- that would be fun!!! Sorry I missed your call again...gotta say, though, I'm quite impressed to have gotten TWO calls from you in a week!!...very impressive!!! Hopefully we'll actually get to TALK to each other soon...I'll try to call you, too...I miss and love ya lots, though --

Angie said...

Gotta love the poop convos! Maybe it's a 'guy thing.' Kier still checks out his 'deposits' and walks around with an element of pride when an 'extra special' one is made. ;) Too funny! Thankfully though, his sister doesn't share his sense of pride in this area. Anyway Ame, I will try to call some night this week...I really wanna chat with you, especially before I have this baby and before you head home for Christmas...so, let's keep trying! love ya!

Angie said...

No more poop stories?!?! C'mon...I'm sure Kaden's 'discovered' some other joys of potty-going. :) I tried to call the other night, but you must've been out...I'll try again really soon. I'd love to chat before the weekend's over, as I'm getting induced on Monday (yeah!), and will be pretty busy for a little while after that. Lemme know what night/time of day works best for you. I've finally updated my blog, so feel free to check it out and lemme know when to call on it. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

...missed ya AGAIN lastnight...will we EVER connect, Amy?! Anyways...hopefully SOON!!

Anonymous said...

Kaden has made me see my poop in a whole new light! Causing me to ponder...what animals can I create today? :) xoxo

Esther said...

What a funny story! Kaden is so cute! I can't wait for him to come visit us and see Mia. He's just the right height for her to give him lots of kisses : )

See you soon!