First Ultrasound - It's For Real!

I had my first ultrasound yesterday. I LOVE ultrasounds! I finally makes things "real," you know? And yes, there truly is a baby in my tummy! The whole family came along for the event, so it was really fun and special. We want Kaden to be as much a part of the whole process as possible....to kind of prepare him every step of the way. He sat totally mesmerized while he watched the baby kicking his (her?) arms and legs and moving all around on the screen! It was SO cool! I am actually a bit farther along than I thought; I'm at 14 weeks as opposed to the 10 that I thought. This makes me feel a little better about my already expanding girth!!! So, this puts my due date at around June 10th - ironically Kaden's exact due date (except, I was induced two weeks early). Good times! The baby will be born before the real humidity of summer sets in. For this I am truly thankful! My next ultrasound is on January 14th. We have until then to decide if we want to find out the sex of the baby. As of right now, we're thinking we'll keep it a surprise. We'll see.......

6 comments:

Angie said...

That's awesome Ame! You are going to love going through this pregnancy while seeing Kaden's perspective on everything. It's so different the second time around--but so wonderful when you now have one to share all the little things with. The only thing Kier and Rory didn't get as excited about was when I would get sick...they weren't too sure what this baby in my belly had to do with me spending so much time over the loo! Oh well. Good times! I just got your phone message and am going to try to call tonight after I put the kiddies to bed. Hope to chat really soon! Congrats again on baby #2!!! :)

Unknown said...

oh, please bring pictures next week!! BTY, updates on the family blog--can't wait to see you next week! XOXO

Anonymous said...

thats exciting! It must be fun to see Kaden's reactions to all of it.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ame...contrary to the fact that we haven't talked yet - I truly do WANT to...its terrible the way things are going, not allowing us to connect. I love you very much, though!!! I think you said you're busy tonight and Tuesday -- so...maybe WEdnesday evening. I work during the days, MOnday - Friday...anyways...hopefully soon. Hope all is well...it must be fun sharing the whole pregnancy with your little boy!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ame...Ang was gonna try to do the 3-way calling lastnight, but...seeing as you and I haven't chatted in a LONG time, she didn't think it would be much fun for her!!...so...we'll have to just keep trying....anyways...just wanted to say Hi...I love ya, Ame!!

Anonymous said...

WE FINALLY DID IT!!!!...It was so nice to talk with you lastnight, Ame...I love how we can just pick right up where we left off...even if we "leave off" for longer periods of time than we should...we always say we'll do better, but...on the off-chance that we don't, I love that we can always just pick right up...I love that about us! And, I truly do love you and value your friendship, Ame...love catching up on your life via the blog...hope you can figure out how to sign up on Xanga...it really isn't complicated!! lol. Anyways...hope you have a wonderful time at home over Christmas...I'm sure you will -- drive safe, okay?! And give Sharon and your mom (and good ol' Royce too!) a big hug from me...give them my love!!

I love ya, Ame!! Merry Christmas, dear friend....