Time With My Man.....

We have internet connection in our lobby, it's 8:00 at night and pouring rain, and we're cozied up inside with bellies full and quietness reigning supreme.

We've had one glorious day of sun so far, so we played outside all day long. We lazed by the river - but didn't dare go into its icyness. A few people did, but not me! And then we went on a beautiful six mile hike up to see a gorgeous waterfall in the mountains. Kev actually braved jumping underneath it, and I got a great picture of him screaming like a girl! Very classic.

We went swimming when we got back to get rid of our sweat and filth. Kev made the big mistake of diving underwater and grabbing my feet to tickle them. I did what any normal person would do to prevent being dunked underwater - I stepped on his head and held him under water! Now, he has an awesome battlewound that's about the size of a nickle right in the middle of his forehead!!! It looks just like a huge rugburn! I must admit - I resist the urge to laugh my head off whenever I see it, but I do feel a little bad. How was I to know that it was going to be bashed on the bottom of the pool? I was just trying to protect my poor little self.

Happy Anniversary, Honey! (ahem)

Today it's been scuzzy, so we slept in late, hit some shops, went to an Animal Shelter and snuggled lots of kittens, and filled our faces with yummy food. It's been wonderful.

Being a Mommy is a crazy thing, though.

I spend many a day craving some solitude, some space, and just a few quiet moments to myself. And then I get them........and oh, how I crave my babies! They have become such a part of me. We are finding that we are seeing everything through their eyes. We are shopping at the toy stores, we are hunting for fun treasures to take home to them, and we are saying over and over again: "Oh, man! The boys would love this! And THIS would be so much fun for them!"

We have talked with them each day, and they are having a blast with Grammy & Grampy, so that makes us feel good. They are catching lots of new little treasures and creepy crawlies to bring home and replentish our empty countertop, so they are in their element.

And it HAS been oh so nice to have a few days alone - just the two of us. Lots of great talks, slow walks, sleeping in, dreaming and planning, and just BEING. It's been a long time. Only a couple of more days left to savor - and then back to real life.

........And that will be great, too!

3 comments:

rachael a said...

i think of you guys sleeping in late every morning. . and it makes me smile. :)

Chantelle said...

Can't wait to see the pic of Kev screaming like a girl. ;)

Rachael said...

Happy Anniversary, you two!! I'm glad you are enjoying your moments you have together! Have a great time!!!!