We Welcome With Love.....

BABY JESSE MICAH!!!!

After two days of total bedrest, and after cynically "knowing for sure" that our second birth experience would be the same as our first - traumatic, stressful, and induced - the Lord granted my FERVENT prayer request and allowed us to go completely naturally and on our own this time.

At 1:00 a.m. Sunday morning, a week before my due date, I woke up feeling yucky. I took a shower and tried to assess the situation. By 2:30 I knew that THIS WAS IT! Kev woke up and we started counting contractions. Within minutes they were less than 5 minutes apart and very intense, so he called the midwife. I wasn't overly impressed, because I wanted to be home for as much of the labor as possible. But, with the hospital 45 minutes away and with my history of fast deliveries, my midwife told us to hit the road. Good thing - because my water broke in the car and twenty minutes after arriving at the hospital, baby Jesse Micah was born!!!

We are so in love with this little baby, and Kaden is so completely proud and pleased to "have a new baby brother of my VERY own!" Jesse weighed in at 8 pounds, 14 ounces (my very first words when I saw him were, "He's a CHUNK!"). He's 21 inches long, and he has just a little bit of brown hair. At birth, he was VERY red, but he is becoming more dark with each day, like Kaden did. Soooo adorable!!!

Anyway, just wanted to share the news with everyone. He's waking up, so we must be off!

3 comments:

Angie said...

love you and am so proud of you Ame! thinking of you each day (and night;), and am so happy that you had such a great experience with Jesse's birth! can't wait to chat again and hear how things are going. you're an amazing mommy and kev's a great daddy...just try to rest as much as you can in these first few weeks, and allow your 'new normal' to settle in day by day...and trust me...it will. i love you so much! xoxo now, go to bed! ;)

Anonymous said...

Yay!
I know a bunch of people were thinking it was a girl, but now Kaden will have a little boy to play with.
And now we need to see some pictures!
Love you,
Kelsey

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh, I am so so so excited for all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh-- I think you Bookers are just DETERMINED to have babies when I'm not around, as Kaden was expected while I was in Russia, and Jesse was born while I am obviously NOT at school. Oh well. Sooooooooo glad you are all healthy and happy! I send hugs to all of you and am quite excited to see you when I come back in the fall!
Love,
Katie