The Greatest Birthday Ever!

Last Sunday was my 29th birthday, and my hubby outdid himself! He took me to dinner and a movie one night, a couple of days later we did a family day trip to a fun State Park out in the boondocks where we played in a river and had a picnic.....and that was all just to throw me off the scent of his real BIG plans!

Kev wanted my first birthday away from home to be special and memorable - so he planned a huge surprise birthday party for me, and he invited just about every person that I have met thus far out here! It was SUCH a blast and a total and complete surprise! When we got home from church, he suggested for us to go and spend the rest of the afternoon and evening at a local park where we could just be outside and Kaden could play on the playground. When we got there, he told us to go on ahead and play while he ran to the bathroom. A few minutes later, he comes running up to us all excited saying that he found another really cool playground that had a really huge slide for Kaden to play on. So, off we go trekking across this huge park to find another playground. (Or so I thought! - I KNOW THAT I'M GULLIBLE, O.K? It just made planning this surprise that much easier for Kev!) We came walking around a corner, and suddenly about thirty or forty people yelled, "Surprise!" It was so sweet - Kev had invited friends from our apartment complex, friends from MOPS, and friends from church - my whole Philly family! We had a huge BBQ, we played fun games, and I had lots of fun gifts to unwrap. I was totally blown away!!! This was a truly a birthday to be remembered....Now how am I going to top this for his 30th this fall???

Other big happenings.....we went to Six Flags this past Wednesday where I rode my very first roller coasters! This was very fun and exiting, and I think that I could become quite the adrenaline junkie. However, I think I am phasing out of the whole commercialized entertainment scenario. We were there for seven hours and only managed to go on five rides. That's a whole lotta' waiting in my opinion. I'm far more drawn to the fun of ocean, lakes, and rivers, 4-wheeling, camping, and conquering new unexplored territories. Maybe I'm just starting to grow up, but I am beginning to MUCH prefer the quiet solitude of country and God's creation as opposed to large crowds of craziness.

On a VERY exciting note....Kaden and I are coming home for a few days at the end of the month! (Mom, I was going to try to surprise you, but Aaron says that you already suspect something....so....SURPRISE!) Anyway, sweet Katya is coming to PBU for college, and since I have the month of September off from classes, Kev and I decided that this might be a good time to skip home to see family and friends for a bit before Christmas. I'll catch a ride to Maine with the Burt's, and my little bro is going to take some time off from arresting people to give me a ride back, and then he'll spend a few days with us here. So, I am SUPER excited and cannot wait to get home to breathe the fresh air of Maine and see some loved ones for a few days. Good times! See you soon!

7 comments:

Esther said...

AHHHH you're coming home! Yay! I'm so excited - let us know when it'll be! We are possibly going camping on Labor Day weekend, but hopefully that won't interfere too much!

Anonymous said...

yay yay and super yay! want you to see my big girl! okay, I'll try to calm down though cuz i don't want you to feel all pressured to see everyone in a short time. family is priority :)
love you love you, and just in case you didn't get my email, the addy is 104 Jackson st.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ahahaha!! You get to ride home ten hours with me! Oh yay.. maybe that way I won't get to WALLOW (I believe you put it) so much... Actually, I wouldn't mind going through New York City on the way home.. and seeing all the You've Got Mail places! :-) But that might not be so nice for you and one most likely active little Kaden!

Life With My Joys..... said...

Kelsey Darling -
You will NOT be wallowing with me in your car....or maybe you will if Kaden has a melt down! Either way - one of us will take your mind off of your sadness!

Anonymous said...

Amy Booker, you choose the absolute worst time to come home-- while i'll be the most homesick!!
haha, no, i'm just kidding. i love you so much, and i really am happy that you'll be visiting home. :)

Life With My Joys..... said...

Darling Katya-
My home is your home! Seriously, I mean that. You come over ANY time.

Tracing in the Valley said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday! Kev is such a sweet guy.