We're Melting! We're Melting!

So, the reports say that our weather is going to be "dangerously hot" for the next few days - over 100 degrees. I think that I am already starting to mold, and my hair is staying perpetually wet after I shower. In fact, I'm not really sure if I'm even getting clean as I am sweating DURING my shower! Seriously, I think we're going to either melt or mildew before this heat wave is over. If I am bald when you see me next, you will know why.....my hair rotted. I used my oven yesterday to cook us a meal for supper and drove us all out of the house. We spent part of our evening just driving somewhat aimlessly around in our car waiting for the apartment to cool back down...but we were quite happy and cool in our air conditioning! Maybe this is where we'll spend the rest of our days. So, for the rest of the summer our oven will get a vacation. Good grief....Lord give us grace. They say that August is the hotest month to live in PA - I pray that we are remotely acclimated by then.

On a lighter note - Kaden prayed for the first time the other day. He said, "DEAR JESUS (He yelled this part)...thank you....for today....and supper.....aaaand Mommy, Daddy, Kaden (notice that he thanked Jesus for food BEFORE thanking Jesus for Mommy and Daddy!).....and fans (he now loves them.......we all do).....and JESUS (yelling again)......AAAAMEN!" It was the sweetest thing, and now that he knows what reaction he'll get from Mommy and Daddy, he is quite willing and enthusiastic to pray before every meal, naptime, and bedtime! So, yesterday, his prayer before naptime was this: "Dear Jesus...thank you for today, and Mommy, Daddy, Kaden, and fans, and puppy, and teddy, and juice, and nappy time - no crying - no tears, and fans, and supper, and beep beeps (his new love is smoke alarms) and snackies and........(Finally, oh-so-spiritual Mommy prompts..."and Jesus' name") AMEN!" Oh my - so cute, so sweet, so fun!

Well, this is all for now. I'm off to sit beside my best friend Mr. Air Conditioner and try to get some homework done in this blasted sweltering heat. Seriously though....we'd love for you all to come out and see us! Good times!

3 comments:

Esther said...

I feel your pain on the heat thing! It wasn't quite 100 today up here, but I think it was about 95. And Scott and I were with the jr. high at FUNTOWN ALL DAY LONG! And no, we did not go to Splashtown as I suggested. We were hot, sweaty, sticky, but we had fun! I am currently trying to recover from the heat and my slight sunburn... we'll be praying that you guys survive August down there - if not, come to Maine where it's at least 5 degrees cooler!

Anonymous said...

hello we love your blog enjoyed every bit of it still like phine yats best goi g to sunday schiool pig nic love mom dad io

Anonymous said...

oyvey!! my heart goes out to you guys! So glad you have AC. The girl has been living mostly in her diaper here and loving it. Today was actually much less humid--a blessed relief.
So good to talk to you Ame. Love the card you sent, especially Kaden's contribution :)