Rain! - Oh the Blessed Relief!

Well, I really don't have anything overly exciting to report - except that it has rained off and on for the past couple of days. This has cut down our humidity quite significantly, so as a result, we can now actually walk outside without running into an instant wall of muggy heat. Sheer bliss! The weather actually felt a bit "Maine-like" today and was quite the welcome change. When Kaden wakes up from his nap, we may even all go play outside. Imagine that!

So, I've been feeling a little off lately. I think that it's been a combination of many things, and I am just trying to process through them. The heat really got to me for a few days (could you tell?), and then all of the rain kind of bummed me out (I know I know...I should be grateful...and I am...it's just been so dreary), I've been really missing family and friends, and I'm doubling classes so I feel more busy than usual right now. I think that's the biggest thing. For four Saturdays in a row I am taking a five hour class. This is our family date day, so I think I am just craving a day for the three of us to be able to pick up and go somewhere in the morning and have absolutely no time schedule of when we need to be back home. And also, we're trying to decide if Kev should take a shift supervisor position at Starbucks or if he should pick up more hours at the church and help out with needs there. Either option makes us more busy, but at this stage in the game, one of the options is necessary. So, we're just waiting on the Lord and trying to see which option would be the best fit for our little family.

This next semester will be our craziest so far, so between classes and work schedules, we're going to have to be really careful to make time for each other and our family. It is something that we've been committed to since our early days of marriage, and it gets trickier with each new life change, but we both believe that it is so so important for us. Many families here are just going full steam ahead with the motto: Get in, Get out, and Get 'er done! That has been kind of our mentality too - and oh so tempting! We have clear goals as to the ONLY reason why we are here. But, we also need to LIVE, and we've decided that we're not willing to do anything at the expense of our family. So, this means we are always having to revamp schedules and reassess our priorities. It may even mean that a class might have to be dropped and picked up at a later date. Who knows? But, this is where we are at right now. School is priority - this is why we are here. But, family is top priority. So, for next semester, our date nights may consist of studying at Borders after Kaden has gone to bed - having friends upstairs babysit the moniter! Anthing can be made fun as long as coffee is involved....at least that's our motto!

Anways...this whole post has been somewhat of a ramble. But, isn't that what these sort of things are for in the first place?! Overall, life is good, we are good, and God is always good! We are happy and blessed, our family is healthy, and we have a sweet little place to call our home. God is meeting our needs and blessing our family, and we have so much to be grateful for. O.k., I am off to watch some mindless humor with my hubby before our wild child wakes up from his nap and destroys all semblances of restful peace this afternoon! Good times!

No comments: