Phone Dump.

One of my New Year's goals was to write and record in this little space of mine a whole lot more than I did last year.  
Mornings with Jesus.  And silence.  And coffee.  My Sanity.....

 Once a week, was my goal - but, since goals were meant to be broken - we'll just go with once a month, maybe.  Not so lofty.

And since my phone is sorely lacking in storage and it perpetually reminds me to make room for more by removing something, I figure if I do a monthly photo dump, that could maybe kill two birds with one stone.  I'll throw whatever new photos that are on that baby over here - and kind of have a little montage of pictures that was our life - AND, I'll clear some space in the process.  Win win.  And since it's the little tiny moments that make up our days in the first place....methinks it will be a pretty accurate little highlights reel.

Emphasis on "highlights" because that's the whole idea in the first place....
Record the Joys...
Forget the other junk.

Booker Chick Kicks.

 My life in pixels, right here...


 Creations 
and Messes...

CREATING.

Every single day of my life.


 School Days of quiet and cozy.
And school days of .......not...that.


And spill after spill after spill.....

Games and balls and beanbags and dartguns.
....And pretty much anything that can be thrown.


And bread.
SO much bread.

Throw these ingredients into your bread machine:

2 cups unbleached bread flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 Tablespoons molasses
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoon yeast
2 Tablespoons wheat gluten (or 2 Tablespoons chia seeds soaked in water)
1/4 cup milk

Meanwhile, soak:  1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/8 cup flaxseed, fist full of grapenuts into a bowl 
Mix with 1 1/4 cup boiling water.  Let sit for 15 minutes.

Add to rest of ingredients.
Set bread machine on "dough."  When the time is up, throw it in a greased loaf pan for its last rise.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Easy Peasy. 

 My girls.
With hopefully the addition of more in the Spring.
And ducklings, too.

And maybe a puppy.
(With all remaining semblances of sanity completely thrown to the wind).


The yearly torching of the Christmas tree.
It's tradition.
Complete with camp coffee and hotdogs post bonfire.
 Camp Coffee.
and Ice Fishing.
Freezing toes and buns thrown in for free.....
 (The Hoolie boys provided for the family, so I told them they can stick around for a little bit longer.
So long as they earn their keep.....)
 Homemade creations by my Jesse...
And afternoon hot chocolate and story reading.
My favorite part of our day...

(Minus the above photo of spilled hot chocolate all over said favorite part of the day....)
 The boy....and His love for all things hunting and fishing and target practicing.
My most quiet and most gentle of them all.
My biggest Lover of Nature....

 This.
My most favorite photo dumped picture of them all....

This girl and her love for her boys.....and their love for her.
It's a precious, precious thing...


Watching her boys out the window....traipse across the field on a wild and brave adventure.
Without her.
And the broken heart that ensued....
 Late night music practices....when little girls should have long past been in bed.
And sweet sweet friends who entertain and color with her while we sing.....
Staff meetings.
And friends who do a really great job at building up one's ego.
....Because I wrote in her date book when she wasn't looking....and added a "to do" to her list...
"Tell Amy she's awesome."
Check.
 Last minute blitzy road trips with an old friend and your girl to surprise your Mama....
Because sometimes you just need your Mama....
And your Country.
And the wide open spaces.
One of my deepest joys....


And there we have it.
January's Highlight Reel.

"Find Joy in the Ordinary."

Embrace the Chaos.
Find the Holy.
See the Sacred.

Live the Thanks.
Say, "I'm Sorry."
Hug them Hard.
Love them Deeply.



No comments: